Friday, February 12, 2010

FIVE days, FIFTY different countries, FIVE thousand young people, ONE trust

as my friend nicely puts it..
"FIVE days, FIFTY different countries, FIVE thousand young (and not so young =P) people, ONE trust"...
it was what we experienced in Makati, Manila, Philippines last week...
Maybe I went too far (I'm not so sure about that either, but I was totally random -_-) but I can recall the Taize spirit bringing us into a ONE big family,... a family of Christ.

being there in the community reminds me of what I've experienced in Taize last year, and it was great. The Philippinos were really hospitable, friendly and kind, including our foster brother James and the LaSalle students..The atmosphere was amazing, peaceful and filled with joy as new friendship starts to flourish.
I met old friends from Taize. Jeff, Hyo Seok, Natalie, Janice, Amanda, Smiling, Chang Jun, Agnes, Mickey and many more, not to mention knowing more ex permanents there..
another unforgettable experience, truly a community, close and knit together by the love of Christ.



As the prayers are sung, melodies dance into each heart and bring peace to the soul.
"The Lord is my shepherd, he refreshes me to the fullest" - "Ang Panginoon ang aking pastol, pinagiginahawa akong lubos".. reminds us to whom we put our trust to, and therefore to trust others...
to share life and love in peace... as what the Lord has given us through his simplicity to renew our faith and trust. "Bless the Lord my soul, who leads me into life"...

The air was warm and dry, but the melodies bring peace and love...
another hope for mankind, a new hope for a united world in peace...

No comments: