Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday

My Birthday this year was different. This year I had my birthday during one of a camp that we held and like usual, I was leading it. Honestly I was not at my best, but nonetheless I had a great team with me, and they congratulated me on our way to Lembang. From then onwards, greetings never stopped, be it phone calls, sms and messages, and through Facebook. But my mind was just too busy thinking about the camp. I want the best out of it because its really important for the participants and it was also the first time for the team that we arranged this camp this way. And all day my concentration was on the camp. I didn't feel like I was having a birthday at all.... and that day was really really tiring. I had no rest at all, even the night before I couldn't sleep. 


Only at the end of the day that I managed to breathe. I thank God that the day went well if not almost perfect :-D, and my heart was cool but warm again, filled with life after having a phone call from far away :). Afterwards I managed to check on some greetings, and then I realized how wonderful my life is, having greeted and wishful thoughts from all parts of the world with different languages as well!. I felt so blessed, for who am I, just a small person in a small secluded place, yet being part of this HUGE world? greetings flocked in endlessly and it didn't stop even until last week, even some brothers of Taize wished me for my birthday! =D. I received surprises from Poland, France and Germany which I never even guessed before. It was such a wonderful birthday, no doubt about it! Only a simple smile, a bit of tear and a give thanks to God was what happened. 

No comments: