Saturday, October 01, 2011

Blessing in disguise

His Name is Sabar, or patience in English.

He owns a small repair shop, and I met him because I had a flat tire, no cash in my wallet, and almost no gasoline in my bike. perfect isn't it? just as the usual me. But somehow I still felt calm. I looked around a bit at his place, so clean and tidy. Not even a single trash around that place.This is weird, never saw this before in such an area. More weird when we started to talk. He mentioned about Pascal and Boyle when we're talking about my flat tire. really cool and awesome!! never met a guy like this before.

As he finishes his job, I noticed that he was limping. Then my eyes stumbled to a crutch next to a tire inside his small repair shop. I started another conversation about his life where he started sharing about his, a bit.. about what had happened to him five years ago that he barely can walk anymore because of a nerve constringency on his thigh. It has been operated sometimes this year, but he had a swollen knee then, huge one, even bigger than his thigh he said, until 5 weeks ago it has became smaller and smaller till now. "Its because of the sun", he told me. "It help to reduce the swollen" I can still see his knee a bit big though..

Then I asked him about his family and kids.. their school and stuff. He has 2 children, 7 and 12 years old. I gave him my name card before I left, and just before that, he asked me, are you a Christian? and I answered him, "yes.. how do you know?" He replied " by the pendant that you're wearing" It is the Taize pendant... I smiled.. I told him it looks more like a bird, but he insisted "Its still a cross to me"...

I left that small tiny place with a big smile on my face..
he's my blessing in disguise today.

  

No comments: