Friday, April 02, 2010

A lesson of love, sacrifice and life

It is Good Friday...
and as I woke up, the best thing that came out from my mind was a word play to a friend who was having his birthday. Since his first name is the same with the word "Good" in Good Friday..."Agung, Jumat (nya) Agung" or in English, "Good Friday, Good"..so the word play fits in well

then another unexpected thing happened again after church. My aunt told me that her sister in law had catalepsy and was in ER at Mt. E. Well I was going there anyway but that news prompted my mind.. "what's going on?" the very same question I always asked myself (or God) whenever I had an unexpected thing or news (which has been very frequent this year). so yea, that question is quite famous these days, at least for me. I don't even know them, this lady and her daughter.. I never met them.. now I'm visiting them, and she's in ER. what should I say to them? I'm not good in these kinda thing at all.. it freaked me out..

But there I was, in the ER.
And as I checked with a nurse there, she told me that she had left ER..so I search for her room. In the lift I bumped into a lady in her bed with the nurses and a young girl which turned out to be them! but I didn't know that until I enter the room and found that they are also going there.

And yea, so I talked to her daughter.. who then started to cry as she spills her story about her mum..I felt compassionate for her. She is soo young.. yet she had to face this condition alone since she's the only child and no one else were there... she was confused, literally confused, not knowing what to say or do..

her mum was diagnosed with cancer 6 years ago, already in stadium 4, the latest phase of cancer, the most dangerous one that is.. since then she went back and forth to Singapore for treatment and chemo... but this time she wanted to checked whether she also had stroke or not since there were symptoms about it. There wasn't thank God, but her physical condition was very weak.. she even couldn't take the last chemotherapy.
and while they were in a cab, just gong out from the hospital on their way back to the airport, then suddenly she had catalepsy. she fainted and her daughter panicked. They went back to the hospital.

So there I was, a stranger to everyone in a place which I dislikes most (this, and funerals). Not long afterwards her cousin came and so there were the 3 of us.. which I think is better for her. From her sharing, I realized that it has been a heavy burden for her.. her dad left them for another woman recently, which then make the case worse. She said that she can't take this much longer... at the other hand, by how I listened to her mum's sharing, I saw that her mum's spirit is still high.. she still has a passion to live...

I understand how hard it could be for this young girl...
I can't just tell her not to give up on her mum...
who am I to say such things to her? I didn't experience what she had gone through...
what I can do, maybe, is just to support her mum and show the daughter that living is worth fighting for.. no matter how hard and difficult the path is...

I believe God gives and takes away..
I also believe our part is to cherish what he has given.. LIFE
a life that you gave us by sacrificing yourself on the cross..
what a Good Friday you have given me..
Thank you O Lord..
for you have taught me a lesson of love, sacrifice and life...

(thanks K, for making me realized how amazing my Good Friday actually was, and how good my God is)

No comments: